Thursday 9 May 2013

Garlic Infused Olive Oil

 

This past weekend at the markets I spotted some locally made dukkah and immediately made plans to feature it during nibbles at a dinner party we hosted this week. The stall that we taste tested at had lovely infused olive oils to dip the bread into before going into the dukkah. I knew straight away that I should have a go at making my own infused oil. It was very simple and the perfect partner to pane di casa bread and the dukkah.

 
Garlic oil
 
3 large cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
 
  1. Peel and roughly smash garlic.
  2. Place the oil and garlic in a saucepan on medium-low heat. When bubbles begin to appear, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Make sure the garlic doesn't colour.
  3. Allow to cool before decanting.

1 comment:

  1. I made some of this garlic-infused olive oil. It was a HUGE success for me. So simple and so yummy. We (friends and I) had it with almond dukkah and a nice heavy wholemeal bread containing chopped olives (from Woolworths bakery, would you believe?).
    Effort=1/10 and Results=9/10.
    I might add some herbs next time. Oregano, thyme?

    ReplyDelete