Thursday 28 February 2013

White Peach and Passionfruit Crumbles

 
People are often surprised to hear that I don't eat many summer stonefruit- nectarines, peaches, plums... to be honest, I had to ask Kyle if I was missing any from this list as I care so little for them to remember all of the types. (I do, however, love to tuck into mangoes and cherries). That being said, I know that many people treasure the summer gems, and I appreciate that they are only in season for a short time. For the last two years, I have incorporated stonefruit into my 'end of summer' baking in an attempt to try something new, as well as to farewell the fruit in season. This year, individual white peach and passionfruit crumbles captured my attention. They were really easy to make and also delicious. I need to remember these flavours next time I see a recipe featuring stonefruit... Happy last day of summer!
 
 
 
 
 
 White peach and passionfruit crumble (adapted from Donna Hay Magazine Jan/Feb 13)
 
1.5kg white peaches
1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla
100g butter, melted
 
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Slice the peaches and place in a bowl with passionfruit and sugar. Toss to combine. Divide between 6 x 1 cup capacity ovenproof ramekins.
  3. To make the crumble, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, coconut, vanilla and melted butter. Stir or rub until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Top the fruit with the crumble.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
*I made these in advance and stored unbaked crumbles in the fridge after completing step 3. They baked wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment