Monday 26 August 2013

Gluten Free Baked Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze

 
I hosted a The OC marathon last weekend and decided to make some classic American treats. I have always wanted to make doughnuts but am not keen on frying them. One guest is gluten intolerant, but with Pinterest anything is possible and I unearthed this recipe. I paired it with a classic chocolate glaze and am happy to say that the doughnut itself was moist, cinnamony and not too sweet, which offset the glaze well. I used my mini bundt pan to make these large doughnuts as I don't buy anything with only one use in the kitchen (such as doughnut trays! On a related note, I made waffles with a grill pan this morning! Good, but want to work on them a little more before I post here). Below you can see these guys set up in front of the TV with some (store bought) sweet and salty popcorn. Yum!
 



 

 
Gluten free baked doughnuts (adapted from here)
 
145g almond meal
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
55g butter, melted
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
 
Chocolate doughnut glaze (adapted from here)
 
30g butter
15ml (approx. 3 tsp) milk
1 tsp glucose syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
30g dark chocolate
1/2 cup icing sugar
Sprinkles
 
  1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease 6 mini bundt tins with cooking spray.
  2. Combine all doughnut ingredients. Spoon into prepared tins. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool.
  3. While doughnuts are baking, combine butter, milk, glucose syrup, vanilla and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. When melted, add icing sugar and whisk to combine.
  4. Dip cooled doughnuts into chocolate glaze and sprinkle with sprinkles. Allow to set for 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment