Wednesday 3 December 2014

Lately Baking

I have been back in regular contact with a kitchen of my own for about 3 months now. Not being able to cook (properly) or bake was something I really missed when we were travelling. Kyle and I love to cook on weeknights and craved homemade food after (usually) eating out three meals a day for 8 months! But baking especially is something impossible to do in a hostel kitchen so it really was *months* between bakes for me. Here's what I've been baking recently to make up for it, from the archives.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've also made a few things that haven't been on the blog before. I made hummingbird cupcakes and caramel cupcakes for two friends' birthdays. Both recipes I had made before Milkshakes and Pattycakes came along and are from one of my no-fail cupcake cookbooks, the Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Cookbook. I bought a new cookbook a couple of weeks ago (to complete my Hummingbird Bakery collection) and from it made chocolate pudding pie. Let's just say it was an instant classic! Keep an eye out for another recipe from that cookbook soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment