Tuesday 1 April 2014

Adventures In Food: Mexico

 
{fresa y crema helados - strawberries and cream ice cream}
 
Kyle and I were REALLY looking forward to the food in Mexico and I have to say, I was a little underwhelmed. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I only had a couple of truly great meals and more often than not, had to order off the menu to get something vegetarian. Possibly our problem was that we were mostly in the Riveria Maya, which is very touristy. Nevertheless, here were the food highlights of Mexico.
 
P.S. I also had a great tamale at the bus station but didn't feel it was the place to whip out my phone for a piccy.
 
 
{huevos enchiladas - scrambled egg breakfast enchiladas}
 
 
{horchata - rice milk}
 
 
{breakfast burritos}
 
 
{queso quesadillas and fresh guacamole}
 
 
{tortilla chips, hot sauces and lime - complimentary for most sit down meals}
 
 
{fresa paleta con chocolate - strawberry paleta with chocolate}

No comments:

Post a Comment